This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Hang after Installation!

I have submitted a ticket for this, but thought I would post it in case it's faster or someone else needs to see this and not go crazy.

Installed Rollback XP after installing a full image backup onto a brand new drive.
    Refurb Seagate Maximus XT 500Gb and RAM both verified as good BEFORE image restore was done.
    ​(Yes, C: is on drive 0)
    I have a Compaq Presario T-B1921 with Core2Duo T-5500 and 2Gb RAM running Win XP Home SP3.

Install of RXP reported NO incompatibilities.
    (I do have Paragon B & R 11 Home installed on this machine. Image used is from this app.)

Rebooted. RXP Console showed doing a "save", then when Windows tried to boot, system went "black-screen" and hung.
    Powered off and then Rebooted, RXP Console displayed that it was taking a snapshot (Why?) and then said something about an "invalid system start, checking for" and then an incrementing %.
    Windows tried to boot, then system went "black-screen" and hung.

Tried this once more...same thing.

UNinstalled RXP from Console back to installation snapshot...system booted OK. Thank god.
    Went outside, and while smoking part of a cigarette, thought what a lovely way to spend 2 1/2 hours - NOT.

Originally posted by kailasa108 View Post
    I have submitted a ticket for this, but thought I would post it in case it's faster or someone else needs to see this and not go crazy.

Installed Rollback XP after installing a full image backup onto a brand new drive.
    Refurb Seagate Maximus XT 500Gb and RAM both verified as good BEFORE image restore was done.
    ​(Yes, C: is on drive 0)
    I have a Compaq Presario T-B1921 with Core2Duo T-5500 and 2Gb RAM running Win XP Home SP3.

Install of RXP reported NO incompatibilities.
    (I do have Paragon B & R 11 Home installed on this machine. Image used is from this app.)

Rebooted. RXP Console showed doing a "save", then when Windows tried to boot, system went "black-screen" and hung.
    Powered off and then Rebooted, RXP Console displayed that it was taking a snapshot (Why?) and then said something about an "invalid system start, checking for" and then an incrementing %.
    Windows tried to boot, then system went "black-screen" and hung.

Tried this once more...same thing.

UNinstalled RXP from Console back to installation snapshot...system booted OK. Thank god.
    Went outside, and while smoking part of a cigarette, thought what a lovely way to spend 2 1/2 hours - NOT.
    Thank you for submitting ticket to us. Since you have uninstall Rollback Rx to installation snapshot, please go into C:\Program Files\ShieldXP and provide us the following log files. To attach the log files, you will need to log in to our support portal at http://support.horizondatasys.com and log in with your email address and password and click on My ticket -> LZW-597-63600 -> Add reply -> Add attachment

The log files we need are:
    1. setup.log
    2. subconsole.log
    3. 128.dat
    4. shield.dat

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X