Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daily Rollback to snapshot and Antivirus pattern

Hello,

now we have many conferencing Rooms and we will configure a daily Rollback to a snapshot. Is it possibly to Keep a pattern of our antivirus program (trendmicro).

regards

nippi

Hi,

I don't use Trendmicro, but if it has some kind of "self-protection" (as most commercial antivirus software do), excluding a folder with antivirus definitions could probably be problematic.

You can excude folders from being restored when rolling back to a snapshot. When you do, RollBack Rx copies the contents of excluded folders "as they were" before the system was rolled back to an older snapshot. It does so during the next boot of Windows, so the drivers of antivirus software might already be active, protecting the folders from being modified.

I remember once experimenting with excluding folders containing files needed during the boot process of Windows, and the synchronization process froze at some point.

Comment

The post's wording is odd but to confirm you want to restore to a daily snapshot but keep the antivirus updates intact? Sounds like it but can't be sure.

What I would recommend is that you try excluding the folder containing the updates. That way they are excluded from the restore process and will stay constant.

Comment

Thanks for your answers.

I check this feature "exclude some Folder" with trendmicro. Its not working properly. I think this feature is only for files not for programs.

Comment

He's talking about the directory exclusion in Rollback Rx, you'll want to exclude the trendmicro folder. This should work.

Comment

Working...
          X