Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 1809 Incompatibility

FYI...

There are reports on the forums that RBRx 10.7 and 11 on Windows 10 1809 results in a black screen\non-bootable system.

No trouble for me with Rollback Rx Pro, v. 11, after I checked the "advanced settings" box "Allow Windows updates that cannot be rolled back." As for version 10.7, I've always understood that it has to be manually uninstalled or disabled before any major Windows updates, such as the October update, and I'm not surprised that there might be big trouble for those who don't do that.

Comment

In the interests of accuracy, I only saw one report by Umbra that he was unsuccessful using v10.7. I was successful using the latest v11.0.2703845388 (and it appears dbolotin was as well) but am awaiting on other reports with this version which may well confirm that there is an intermittent bug that affects some systems.

I believe HDS have a policy of only fixing bugs in the latest builds of RB so making v10.7 work seems like a long shot to me.
      Last edited by carfal; 10-04-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

WinRX Pro 10.7 on two Win10 x64 laptops. Was not aware of version 11 up to now. Before upgrade to Win10 1809, uninstalled RX Pro 10.7 on both laptops.. Windows upgrade on 1 laptop went ok, but failed on 2nd laptop; 2nd laptop still running 1803. Reinstalled RX Pro 10.7 on Win10 1809 laptop, rebooted but failure. Black screen, system will not boot. Error message: Load std. failure to load system data. Init.ProtectSystem failed.. Finally pressed Home button to bring up RX Pro boot menu and uninstalled the program. Puzzled at the moment.

Comment

Zoeff, I don't know why you couldn't reinstall Rollback Rx Pro 10.7 after updating to Windows 10 1809. But after you first uninstalled Rx Pro 10.7, did you then restart your computer before updating to Windows 10, version 1809? If not, that could have been the problem. I seem to recall Froggie writing somewhere that you have to restart the computer after uninstalling Rollback Rx (even though the uninstall process doesn't require you to do that) in order to get rid of residual elements of Rollback Rx that could interfere with the major Windows update. This is just a guess on my part. And my memory of what Froggie wrote may be mistaken. But take it for what it's worth.

Comment

The remnants of Rollback not removed by a reBOOT should not affect the update of Windows 10... it only affects the ability of Windows 10 to optimize a protected SSD and allow the OS to trim the SSD properly.

Comment

Thanks for correcting my memory, Froggie.

Comment

You're quite welcome! The li'l details about this app can be quite daunting at times...

Comment

On my Win10 1809 laptop fix KB4465330 has been installed in the meantime. I also lost a folder with photo's after the upgrade to 1809, but I had a backup... I downloaded an installed 1809
                  manually, which was not a clever idea afterall. Made a 2nd attempt to install RX Pro 10.7 and this time succesful. On my 2nd laptop Win10 1803 I will wait until Auto Update will download and install 1809. I have read that you should also not use the Check For Updates button to check for a new/ major Windows upgrade. I will wait to reinstall RX Pro on this 2nd laptop until 1809 has been installed. Was not aware of RX Pro 11; may be visit this community more often.
                  rgds, Fred/ zoeff.

Comment

Hey Zoeff,

Just be aware that there's an advance options that you need to enable to allow automatic major windows updates. Go into settings and it should be in the bottom of the list.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks

Comment

Trouble again on Win10 1809 laptop. Will not boot, e
                      rror message after RX Pro splash screen. Black screen with message Load std. failure to load system data. Init.ProtectSystem failed. Could not continue. Switched off and on, same problem. Switched off and on again, RX Pro splash screen, pressed Home button and RX Pro boot menu opened. Selected Uninstall. Laptop worked ok. Tried free RX Home version and no problem at all. Everything working ok. How is that possible?
                      RX Pro 10.7 problem with Win10 1809?
                      What about RX Pro11, which I was planning to buy. Can I expect same problem as with 10.7?

Comment

I beilieve that there is an issue installing v10.7 on Win v1809. However RB v11 installed on my Win v1809 without an issue and havent heard of any other issues installing v11 on Win v1809

Comment

So... does that mean that anyone who's been upgraded to Windows 10 v1809 must now pay for a Rollback RX v11 upgrade license, or will that be fixed under v10? Ram Sarma... can we get a reading on this, please?

Comment

Forgot to mention version of RX Home free, it is 10.7, the latest version. Very strange that RX Pro 10.7 gives problems, whereas RX Home 10.7 free is working trouble free. That means for now that I can throw my RX Pro 10.7 licenses out of the window. RX Pro is still working on my 2nd laptop with Win10 1803, but as soon this machine will auto upgrade to 1809,I have to uninstall RX Pro and continue with the free version. I am not convinced yet that I should switch over to version 11...Waiting on reply of Ram Sarma.

Comment

Did some further testing. Uninstalled RX Home 10.7 free and installed trial version RX Pro 11. Surprise, surprise, worked text book. No problem at all with RX Pro 11. Uninstalled RX Pro 11 again and installed RX Pro 10.7. Problems as described earlier. After installation and reboot, splash screen opens and next black screen with error message shows up.
                              Waiting on reply Horizon staff.
                              I would expect a Windows 10 1809 fix for RX Pro 10.7 and a release of this updated version (10.8 ?) for existing RX Pro 10.7 users. An alternative could be a significant discount of RX Pro 11 for 10.7 users.
                              Finally uninstalled RX Pro 10.7 and installed RX Home 10.7 free (for the time being?).
                              Job done, now it is up to Horizon staff.

Comment

Working...
                              X