Cannot uninstall Rollback RX Pro 10.x or update baseline in Windows 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot uninstall Rollback RX Pro 10.x or update baseline in Windows 10

I noticed on my wife's laptop that the baseline snapshot in RB is almost 600gb. The total capacity of the drive is 1TB so that's not okay. The baseline is a bit old so I decided to update the current system to a new baseline.

When the PC reboots into the subsystem console to perform the update, the process gets stuck at 42% with "Searching new data" (see attached image). Pressing space/enter will change the values that appear in the top left of the screen a few times, but that's it. I have to reboot the computer manually.

I get the same result when attempting to uninstall RB.

What do I need to do?

Hello vertigoelectric,

Thank you for your response. if you still see the "searching for new data" screen appears to be stuck at 42%, I would recommend to keep tapping the "Enter" and "Escape" keys and that should push the percentage to completion and resolve the random numbers you're seeing on the top right-corner.
    Last edited by ShainalR; 07-31-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the response.

Actually what I ended up doing was use the "Turn off protection" option using the tray icon. This process did take a few hours, but ultimately it did what i wanted and removed the space-hogging baseline and other snapshots and freed up a lot of space on the drive.

However, after turning it back on, the new baseline is still almost 400gb. The total used space on the drive (not counting RB's baseline) is closer to 200gb or less. Why is the baseline so much larger than the actual data on the disk??

Comment

Hello vertigoelectric,

Thank you for your response. What I would suggest is to send us a screenshot of your baseline/snapshots in RollBack Rx, and to submit it along with a new ticket through the link below.

http://support.horizondatasys.com/Tickets/Submit

Comment

Working...
        X