Impossible to reinstall Rollback Rx v9.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible to reinstall Rollback Rx v9.1

As I had not defragged my second laptop for more than 2 years and it was behaving rather badly, I decided to uninstall Rollback and do a proper defrag of all drives. That went well and I was ready to reinstall Rollback but when I did it was interrupted by Hitman Pro Alert and stopped because it was attempting to change the MBR. Hitman Pro Alert offers no options to exclude applications so I uninstalled it, rebooted, and tried again. This time the setup.exe file does nothing. Several attempts at that got me nowhere so I tried another copy of the setup file (I keep 3 backups). Still won't do anything and I have now tried all 3 copies.

My guess is that Hitman Pro did something to the registry. Anyone have any ideas please as I am sunk without Rollback on my system?
    Last edited by 7leagueboot; 06-14-2017, 11:47 PM. Reason: Edited due to spelling error

Hello 7leagueboot,

Thank you for your response. I have responded to your ticket and if you can please respond back with the setup log files, we can look into this issue further for you.

Comment

10 days later and still nothing. The support ticket has a status of CRITICAL. Well it's clear to me that building a pretty web site is far more important than looking after your customers.

Comment

Hello 7leagueboot,

Thank you for your response. I apologize about your frustration in this matter. I've followed up with our senior technician and he will respond back to your ticket. If you have any further questions, please login to the support portal to view the response.

http://support.horizondatasys.com/

Comment

Thanks ShainaIR. Ram did solve this for me.

Comment

Hello 7leagueboot,

Thank you for your response. Hope everything worked out for you and thank you for your feedback!

Comment

Working...
            X