Impossible to reinstall Rollback Rx v9.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impossible to reinstall Rollback Rx v9.1

As I had not defragged my second laptop for more than 2 years and it was behaving rather badly, I decided to uninstall Rollback and do a proper defrag of all drives. That went well and I was ready to reinstall Rollback but when I did it was interrupted by Hitman Pro Alert and stopped because it was attempting to change the MBR. Hitman Pro Alert offers no options to exclude applications so I uninstalled it, rebooted, and tried again. This time the setup.exe file does nothing. Several attempts at that got me nowhere so I tried another copy of the setup file (I keep 3 backups). Still won't do anything and I have now tried all 3 copies.

My guess is that Hitman Pro did something to the registry. Anyone have any ideas please as I am sunk without Rollback on my system?
    Last edited by 7leagueboot; 06-14-2017, 11:47 PM. Reason: Edited due to spelling error

Hello 7leagueboot,

Thank you for your response. I have responded to your ticket and if you can please respond back with the setup log files, we can look into this issue further for you.

Comment

Working...
    X