• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Smith
    started a topic RollBack Rx v11 Update and Plan,

RollBack Rx v11 Update and Plan,

Hey folks. Sam here from HDS.

I'm posting today to let you all know the goal to put out our major update (version 11) in January will, unfortunately, not be met. I'm saddened to let you all know as we have been pushing to make it happen since we first let users know back in June.

But I don't want to leave you all without an explanation, as well as some information on v11.

Back in June, January was a feasible goal. The new update was to bring Windows 10 compatibility and a redesigned GUI which aims to streamline the software's functions and make it more user friendly. After that announcement we heard back from the community that Windows 10 compatibility was very important to them, and as such we pushed hard for a Windows 10 compatible version which we put out Oct. 9, 2015. At the same time a security consultant worked with our development team to strengthen the software, who reported several ways to crack the program and leave the PC vulnerable as outlined on our blog/press release. That new update was issued out in August to address these concerns. Despite all this, the new GUI was on track and January was still looking good.

Then the reports started to come in.

In the ensuing months we received several bug reports by our users, including important security updates relating to the previously discovered cracks which had to be addressed as soon as possible. On Dec. 27, 2015 those new updates were pushed out in the latest releases of our software. Unfortunately, these updates severely halted our v11 development as the team's focus was on these security/compatibility issues first before the new GUI/features.

Then, as of yesterday in our latest meeting, the developers announced the goal for a January release date of v11 was just not going to be happen. Security fixes and Windows 10 compatibility took priority and the scenario where the new GUI was ready to be put out with all the additional features we wanted was no longer a reality.

Sigh.

So where does that leave the update now? Well, due to the many facepalms and feet that had to be removed from our mouths, I can't give out any release date details. What I can say is we want this version out as much as you do. We're working hard to get that out as soon as possible.

On the flip side what I can tell you about are some neat new features we're working on. While I know this isn't the same as getting the program, I hope you'll see why I'm excited about it.

First off the most noticeable change is the redesigned GUI. While that may not sound like a lot, this is a huge undertaking. Not only will it make the program look like it belongs in this modern era, it will also streamline the entire functionality of the software with the goal of making all of its features easier to understand and use (i.e. How do I use Event Task schedules? Snapshot exploration? Access Control?) for home users and large-scale enterprises alike.

A wide array of compatibility issues are set to be addressed as well. We're working on hybrid drives, the ability to update/change the installation snapshot instead of updating the whole baseline system, and reviewing our software update system.

There are plenty more changes to come, but these are some of the bigger issues being tackled at the moment.

Once again, I do apologize for the reneging and the delay, but it will be worth it. Feel free to comment/ask questions below. I will answer what I can.

Cheers!

• mrdutchie
    replied
    Yeah, no finding someone from there who is explaining those fixes and new items.... so far it's a mystery on what it does..

Leave a comment:

replied
    OMFG Hell has finally frozen over we have v11 FINALLY, though from the email description it's lipstick on a pig. and no discount for upgrading two words come to mind.
    Last edited by 2635599; 07-05-2018, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mrdutchie
    replied
    Also no discount unless you have their Gold plan.. (paying yearly) cost more than buying a new version for $50 (with coupon)

Leave a comment:

• Umbra
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdutchie View Post
    only the release note, not the installer ^^

edit: ok the portal has not been updated yet, so we must fill the form again , get the link via mail to download v11
    Last edited by Umbra; 07-04-2018, 04:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mrdutchie
    replied
    Originally posted by Umbra View Post
    Website indicates v11, but download is still 10.7...

Seems like the PRO is out

https://horizondatasys.com/rollback-...release-notes/

Leave a comment:

• Umbra
    replied
    Website indicates v11, but download is still 10.7...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by mrdutchie View Post
    it's over 2 years that V11 that it was suppose to come out.. now it's July 2018... Seems like Rollback is DEAD!!
    They can't seem to fix the basic stuff, from all my open tickets over the years.
    Nothing has been resolved.
    i'm one of the first ones to lay into them about taking their sweet time getting 11 out the door. at this point i have to call them lazy. what i want to see is a rollback that not only incorporates the backup and restore scheme of rollback, but the various backup features windows already has. this way we can just go to the rollback main screen for any type of backup we like(including Timeline)..

Leave a comment:

• mrdutchie
    replied
    it's over 2 years that V11 that it was suppose to come out.. now it's July 2018... Seems like Rollback is DEAD!!
    They can't seem to fix the basic stuff, from all my open tickets over the years.
    Nothing has been resolved.

Leave a comment:

• carfal
    replied
    Jesus....will someone from HDS give us an ETA when this elusive v11 will be released and what NEW features will there be because Ive been using RB since V7 and absolutely no new features have been introduced since then. RB v8 did bring in integrated external backup but was subsequently removed in v9. The status quo has prevailed since.

Just so we're clear, RB has not changed in features for (at least) 12 years. Each major version that has been released was simply to make RB compatible with the new OS.

I vaguely recall a thread around v10 release that mentioned a complete rewrite of the RB code so that new features in the pipeline could be implemented that would otherwise not be possible with the existing code. One of the features mentioned was having the ability of snapshots on drives working independantly from each other so that you could RB individual drives without affecting other drives....still waiting

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by sos39m View Post
    i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit, i notice that sometimes Rollback Version: 10.5 ,Build: 2701680652 makes my computer runs heavily. when i uninstall rollback i can surf or run my computer well . please make rollback 11 in such a way that computer can run well
    it's not rollback rx causing this problem. i have had a lot of people who i have got to at least give rbrx a try say they experience no slow down while just as many do. personally it sound like either a problem with you system comfiguration or a software incompatibility issue,

Leave a comment:

• Sam Smith
    replied
    Hey sos39m,

Please do submit a ticket about this issue at support.horizondatasys.com (if you haven't yet). As stated, it should not be a problem with the software. We'd like to help figure this out.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Froggie
    replied
    sos39m... what you describe should not be happening with Rollback RX, it is a problem. You should bring this to the attention of Rollback Support, not wait 'til v11 (who knows how long that will take... it's already a YEAR late).

Leave a comment:

• sos39m
    replied
    i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit, i notice that sometimes Rollback Version: 10.5 ,Build: 2701680652 makes my computer runs heavily. when i uninstall rollback i can surf or run my computer well . please make rollback 11 in such a way that computer can run well

Leave a comment:

• rxzcums1
    replied
    Hi all
    The windows 10 RS_1 release soon, and I want to know the progress about rollback rx 11?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X