This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Smith View Post

RollBack Rx v10.4 is Windows 10 compatible, and has been since Oct. 9, 2015. Download and install away edee!

HDS just keeps deceiving it's user base. The truth is, it works until Windows 10 has an update. Once this happens, it's a crap shot. HDS's position is to not let Windows 10 update. Wait for HDS to "approve" the update which takes about 1 month based on their history (if you ask over and over). If Windows 10 updates while RRX is installed, you could easily find your computer unbootable. If you consider that compatible, you don't understand the meaning of the word.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post

HDS just keeps deceiving it's user base. The truth is, it works until Windows 10 has an update. Once this happens, it's a crap shot. HDS's position is to not let Windows 10 update. Wait for HDS to "approve" the update which takes about 1 month based on their history (if you ask over and over). If Windows 10 updates while RRX is installed, you could easily find your computer unbootable. If you consider that compatible, you don't understand the meaning of the word.
      Hey Masterblaster,

Thanks for posting about this. We do have concerns about Windows 10 Home, which is not allowing the prevention of updates from being automatically installed as well. This is an issue being discussed, and if anyone has suggestions on how we can work with this as well I would be more than happy to pass those along to the developers to see if anything can be done.

To date Windows 10 has caused one incompatibility with RollBack Rx, and that was the major update 1511 (http://blog.horizondatasys.com/rollb...0-update-1511/).

Comment

I think the most important reason is: change the registe code math.

Comment

You might want to contact Xeroweight support and ask them.
          I did and they were more than willing to help.

"The version you were using will still work and we will help you resolve issues. However we won't be officially supporting it [under XP] as its not commercially feasible for us. Feel free to test FlashBack on XP and if it works that's great. If it has issues, feel free to send us reports - if the bugs are simple to resolve we'll fix them."

and

"Nathan Vong: Hi feel free to tell him [that is, you] we are happy to help our users, even XP -but on a more private basis, due to limited resources. Tell him [whoever encounters a problem under XP] to e-mail us at info@ax64.com."

My experience in this regard has been very positive so far. Thank you for your good advice.

Norman

Comment

You might want to search this forum http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threa...ftware.339999/
            It is an AX64 forum (Flaskback is their new name).

Comment

You might want to search this forum http://www.wilderssecurity.com/threa...ftware.339999/
              It is an AX64 forum (Flaskback is their new name).
              I know. I used to frequent that forum regularly (and recognized you from there) until AX64's announcement that v2 will no longer be supporting XP.

Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Smith View Post

RollBack Rx v10.4 is Windows 10 compatible, and has been since Oct. 9, 2015. Download and install away edee!
                Compatible until when? the next Windows Update?

I am tired of having to install then unistall this software because everytime Windows updates it becomes a crap shoot as to whether it's going to work or not or better yet if I leave it installed as to whether my system will boot or not after a update. What good is any rollback software if you have to install then uninstall it constantly?

I want a Rollback software from a company that will not only take THEMSELVES serious but also ther CUSTOMER BASE serious.

Your right Rollback Rx WAS Windows 10 compatible as of Oct. 9, 2015 but then the Windows November Update came around..... that blew your compatability right out the window.
                I think what Horizon DataSys did was throw together something that halfway worked just to pacify some people, but like I said in a previous post a while back, you guys cannot handle the onslaught of updates from Windows and provide TIMELY updates for your software to coincide with these Windows Updates, Windows 10 caught Horizon DataSys totally with their pants down with thier pud in their hands and now they don't know what to do now.

From reading posts after my last I can see their still is no glimmer of a date for this January update that was promised to everyone but then was pulled out from under us, which means to me, it's not going to be anytime soon, so everybody waiting ....... don't hold your breath.

Bring this to you next development meeting ..........

Give us a product we can use with updates that will coincide WITH WINDOWS UPDATES, stop dangling a carrot in front of everyones face with promises of some revamped spectacular software that never comes. We want USABLE rollback software, if you can't deliver in a TIMELY manner then just close the books, lock the doors and go home because it is becomming more and more evident that you guys just cannot do it. Talk is cheap, show us what you got.
                Last edited by edee; 01-31-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Well, lets see, the original post in this thread was made on 01-07-2016 @ 10:49 AM

First it was a January update, then a June update then a "we don't know when" update.

Here we are in July now and still no news .....

Does Horizon Data Sys have a game plan yet or is everyone still sitting around with their pud in their hands?
                  I mean the Windows 10 Anniversary update is due out in less than 3.5 weeks and STILL even though you guys claim it is, Rollback Rx Pro is still not 100% compatible with Windows 10, all one needs to do is read the boards here to see that. I've installed v10.4 only to uninstall it a few days later because of freezing issues and it being a resource hog ...... in my book that's got compatibility issues written all over it.

I think ownership needs to explain to it's customer base just what the hell is going on over there and give everyone a HARD release date for this software to be 100% compatible with Windows 10 and to stop hiding behind you Sam. I understand it is not your fault but they are putting you on the front line to take the bullets for them.

Comment

• Sam Smith
                    Sam Smith commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I do what I gotta do!

But seriously, we know it's not fun not having a release date. I don't particularly enjoy it either. I hope there is more news soon, but there are a lot of moving things going on here at once including a number of updates to several programs and webpages. It's not an excuse, just letting you know we're not sitting here doing nothing. Although somedays I wish I could get some better answers...

As always, I'll do my best to get you some info as soon as I can. Sorry it's been this way so far edee. Thanks for sticking around so far!

Rollback RX pro 10.4 is working fine for me. They just came out with a update in May of this year. Give them a break. They have improved immensely IMHO.

Comment

Hi all
                    The windows 10 RS_1 release soon, and I want to know the progress about rollback rx 11?

Comment

i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit, i notice that sometimes Rollback Version: 10.5 ,Build: 2701680652 makes my computer runs heavily. when i uninstall rollback i can surf or run my computer well . please make rollback 11 in such a way that computer can run well

Comment

sos39m... what you describe should not be happening with Rollback RX, it is a problem. You should bring this to the attention of Rollback Support, not wait 'til v11 (who knows how long that will take... it's already a YEAR late).

Comment

Hey sos39m,

Please do submit a ticket about this issue at support.horizondatasys.com (if you haven't yet). As stated, it should not be a problem with the software. We'd like to help figure this out.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by sos39m View Post
                            i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit, i notice that sometimes Rollback Version: 10.5 ,Build: 2701680652 makes my computer runs heavily. when i uninstall rollback i can surf or run my computer well . please make rollback 11 in such a way that computer can run well
                            it's not rollback rx causing this problem. i have had a lot of people who i have got to at least give rbrx a try say they experience no slow down while just as many do. personally it sound like either a problem with you system comfiguration or a software incompatibility issue,

Comment

Working...
                            X