**Windows 8.1 Update 1 (KB2919355)**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Windows 8.1 Update 1 (KB2919355)**

**WARNING** This message is for all end-user running Windows 8.1 and planning to do update Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Due to this update is not simple patches or service pack update, this require all end-user to uninstall Rollback Rx first.

windows-8.1-start-screen-update-1-.jpg
    Attached Files
    If you want to download Windows 8.1 Update 1 for free, ahead of its official launch on April 8, you're ...

is there a plan to release a build to address this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by msptech View Post
      is there a plan to release a build to address this issue?
      No, the reason why is when the update is completed the system restart and also re-write the master boot record which will rollback to the day the end-user install Rollback Rx. So our best suggestion is to uninstall Rollback Rx before apply the Windows 8.1 Update 1 patches.

Thank you.

Comment

So what will happen ? if it wasn't uninstalled...

Comment

it will rewrite the master boor record that might cause blue screen of death

Comment

HA... No BSOD but a total lockup randomly... See the other post..

Comment

pjew... got everything reinstalled... but I am afraid of using this program now.... What if I get the lockups again....

Comment

we got BSOD on our test machine, however we suggest end-user to uninstall before applying the updates 1 for Windows 8.1

Comment

no one is saying if rollback can be reinstalled after updating 8.1

Comment

The conundrum that currently exists is as follows... most people run AUTOMATIC updates on their Windows system. After this recent W8.1upd1 update experience, Horizon Data Sys doesn't have any idea what will happen with future updates until they become available. Until they know how to protect the BOOT record involved from further MicroSloth diddling, they'll have to ask their users to turn that automatic updating off or their system could get clobbered. That of course in not a good way to operate these days.

I wish them luck in finding a solution for this. Meanwhile, my experience has shown that re-installing Rollback under W8.1upd1 works just fine... but beware if running automatic MicroSloth updates.

Comment

OK I just purchased rollback rx for a new laptop running 8.1 and get an error message when I start the setup.exe that reads "Load language failed"
                      I come here to the forums and see this pined thread. Did I just waste $69??

I have rollback rx loaded on an old PC with win7 and have had no problems and wanted to do the same for my new PC.
                      What do I do with my $69 product key if I can't use it on my win8.1 system?
                      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich V View Post
                        OK I just purchased rollback rx for a new laptop running 8.1 and get an error message when I start the setup.exe that reads "Load language failed"

I have rollback rx loaded on an old PC with win7 and have had no problems and wanted to do the same for my new PC.
                        Rich, the problem you mention has nothing to do with W8.1... just submit a ticket with HDS support aqbout this error you're receiving.

This thread deals with folks who already had W8.1 installed, along with RBrx, then had their Microsoft update do a job on their system. HDS is looking into what happened (Microsoft should NOT have touched the system's Master Boot Record <MBR>) to see if it can be dealt with.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich V View Post

Rich
                          Hello Rich- A ticket has been created on your behalf regarding this. You should have received an email regarding this in your email inbox. Please log in to: support.horizondatasys.com to view or respond to the ticket. Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Ticket#- ZPS-950-66537

Comment

Originally posted by GuruShiva View Post

Hello Rich- A ticket has been created on your behalf regarding this. You should have received an email regarding this in your email inbox. Please log in to: support.horizondatasys.com to view or respond to the ticket. Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Ticket#- ZPS-950-66537
                            Thanks for the reply
                            At this time I do not want to install rollback on my Win8 PC do to the unresolved conflict with the operating system. Not worth risking corruption of my new PC operating system. Had I seen a message/advisory on your product page warning of the win8 issue I would not have purchased. At this time I want a refund and will consider purchasing if/when the Win8 problem is fully resolved.
                            Thanks
                            Rich

Comment

The problem has been fixed Rich. Not sure what Froggie is referring too, but there are no issues with the current version of Rollback with Windows 8.1

Comment

Working...
                              X