Asking for info on how this product works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asking for info on how this product works

I am asking if you can provide me the forum entry that describes how the product works. I would have thought there would be a sticky post that would have that info, but I have not found it. Support told me that only the paid product has a user guide - and I did look thru that guide and I could not find info on how the product works. Support told me that I would have to get info like that from the forum - so here I am asking. I have (I think) figured out that RB does not use file access dates or modified dates in order to decide to back up a file into a snapshot - does RB look for clusters on the HD that have changed since last backup or since last FULL backup? I did install the free RB onto my W10 laptop and did the baseline backup. Then, about 2 hours later I took a snapshot. During the 2 hours, I changed virtually nothing on the laptop. But - the size of the snapshot is only a bit smaller than the size of the baseline. Huh?
    NOTE: forum page hung "Working...: and did not tell me this ever posted - but now I see that it did - twice. Forum issue?
    Last edited by cwr64; 08-12-2019, 03:14 PM. Reason: NOTE: forum page hung "Working...: and did not tell me this ever posted - but now I see that it did - twice. Forum issue?
Working...
X