How to enable Windows Update with Reboot Restore RX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to enable Windows Update with Reboot Restore RX

I found these instructions on how to allow Windows Update to work with the Pro version (http://support.horizondatasys.com/Kn...restore-rx-pro) but what about the normal version? I'm not talking about automating the updates or anything like that. What I want to do is to go to the PC and manually disable Reboot Restore, Press the "Check For Updates" button. Let it update, restart the machine then re-enable Reboot Restore.

Unfortunately, as soon as I install Reboot Restore it disables Windows Update and gives errors saying that "group policy" doesn't allow this. I don't mind this functionality when its RRR is enabled but I need to be able to put security patches when its disabled. Uninstalling RRR doesn't not remove the policy setting or allow one to use Windows Update. After installing RRR the only way to get Windows Update to work again is to restore the computer from the computers original disk image. I know that this can't be how RRR was meant to be used as not allowing security patches defeats the purpose of trying to keep PCs safe.

Hey there, this is a bug that is being reported across all builds, we're working no trying to fix this. As of now, you can fix it by going into gpedit - Local Machine and switching the allow windows updates policy ON then DISABLED( OFF)

Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X