Wrong and damaging task scheduler setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong and damaging task scheduler setup

I do understand that the free version of Rollback RX has to have some limitations but why did Horizon setup this "compulsory" task which may not be changed nor deleted?
    It creates a new snapshot at every restart (I don't need it) which is damaging for modern computers with SSDs because it writes/deletes useless data and by doing so it reduces the drive's life.
    I agree with limitations but don't add useless and damaging stuff, doesn't Horizon's staff know anything about SSDs limitations or they just mind about marketing?

Hello drought,

Thank you for your response. I'll pass your concern to our support team and will provide you with an update on this shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by drought View Post
      I do understand that the free version of Rollback RX has to have some limitations but why did Horizon setup this "compulsory" task which may not be changed nor deleted?
      It creates a new snapshot at every restart (I don't need it) which is damaging for modern computers with SSDs because it writes/deletes useless data and by doing so it reduces the drive's life.
      I agree with limitations but don't add useless and damaging stuff, doesn't Horizon's staff know anything about SSDs limitations or they just mind about marketing?
      Hmm, I was just told in Chat that I can machine restart into the same snapshot. Um, is there no way to turn off this "compulsory" task?

Comment

Originally posted by ShainalR View Post
        Hello drought,

Thank you for your response. I'll pass your concern to our support team and will provide you with an update on this shortly.
        Um, what's the update?

Comment

Originally posted by bjm View Post
          I can machine restart into the same snapshot
          That sounds as a wasting time since we have a SSD to speed up the system but we have to struggle with snapshots and attempts to flush the cache and create a new snapshot tasks that we do not want to.
          It seems to me that the gurus are still operating on old hard disks.....

Um, what's the update?
          No update yet until Horizon's big brain gurus decide to eliminate the compulsory and useless auto snapshot.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the late response as we were doing some testing with the Home edition of RollBack Rx to see if the automatic scheduling for Daily@First Boot snapshot can be disabled or removed. Unfortunately the answer is no as this feature is only possible with using the professional edition of RollBack Rx and not the Home edition. I apologize for any inconvenience with our users expecting to have this feature disabled, and hopefully we can implement an option like this sometime in the future.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ShainalR View Post
              hopefully we can implement an option like this sometime in the future.
              I saw more negative comments on other web sites alerting about this compulsory auto function eating space and reducing the SSD's lifespan so I hope they will at least eliminate it since this is a free version.

Comment

Working...
              X