Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Build 1703 Won't Roll Back At Reboot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Build 1703 Won't Roll Back At Reboot.

I installed RollBack Rx Home and I simply cannot get it to rollback at reboot. I turned off fast boot and disabled antivirus per support chats tips but any changes I make during a session stay there after reboot. Any tips? Also, anyone have this working on Windows 10 build 1703?

Are you trying to schedule a task that will rollback your system every time you reboot? From the task scheduler menu, it looks as if one could do that, though I don't know why one would want to. If you have scheduled such a task and it isn't working, I can't help you. I have no idea why it would fail. Otherwise, if you want to rollback your system only now and then, the menu under "common tasks" does allow you to do that. This doesn't happen automatically, however, since most people naturally don't want it to most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcos1926 View Post
      I installed RollBack Rx Home and I simply cannot get it to rollback at reboot. I turned off fast boot and disabled antivirus per support chats tips but any changes I make during a session stay there after reboot. Any tips? Also, anyone have this working on Windows 10 build 1703?
      WOW, so it's now November and your Topic has gone unanswered?

Comment

Originally posted by dbolotin View Post
        Are you trying to schedule a task that will rollback your system every time you reboot? From the task scheduler menu, it looks as if one could do that, though I don't know why one would want to. If you have scheduled such a task and it isn't working, I can't help you. I have no idea why it would fail. Otherwise, if you want to rollback your system only now and then, the menu under "common tasks" does allow you to do that. This doesn't happen automatically, however, since most people naturally don't want it to most of the time.
        So, you're suggesting most users want to start a new snapshot every machine restart?

Comment

Hello Marcos1926,

Thank you for your response and apologies for any delays in the topic post here. Just to clarify, are you trying to do the rollback on reboot manually? Or you're trying to create a scheduled task in the software to automatically rollback the snapshot at every restart? If it's done manually, the computer should restart, and would show a splash screen indicating that RollBack is restoring your PC to a previous snapshot. Do you see any sort of error messages appear when restoring the snapshot? If you're wanting to schedule the task for the restart, then unfortunately that feature would require the professional version of RollBack Rx as it's exclusive to that edition.

Froggie, any further suggestions or tips you'd like to add to this topic?

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by bjm View Post

So, you're suggesting most users want to start a new snapshot every machine restart?

Yes, bjm, I was suggesting that most users want to take a new snapshot -- and not to rollback the system -- each time we restart the machine, or at least at the first bootup of the day (which is the default schedule). I at least, don't want to lose the changes I make during a session, as I would lose them if I were to rollback at the next reboot, unless something goes wrong.
            Last edited by dbolotin; 11-05-2017, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X