Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use "Symantec Ghost" to create Image of HDD after Rollback Home installation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use "Symantec Ghost" to create Image of HDD after Rollback Home installation?

After install Rollback RX Home to my PC.
    I have plan to use "Symantec Ghost" to create .gho image of my PC in case my HDD is broken.
    If my HDD broken, Can I just buy the new HDD and extract .gho image to recovery everything from my old HDD including Rollback RX Home without re-installing?
    Is it possible to do this?
    PS. I use "Symantec Ghost 11.5" (Dos version)

Regards,
    Siripong
    Last edited by Siripong; 06-19-2015, 07:05 AM.

Siripong,

Unfortunately it won't be as you envisioned here. As with all imaging software and RollBack Rx, there is nothing officially out there that can capture RollBack Rx's subsystem and snapshots, as they are stored and encrypted on the sector level of the hard drive.

I would recommend if you do want to take a backup image is to first uninstall RollBack Rx. Then take your backup image and store it where you prefer. After that, re-install our software.

This is an issue we are addressing in the upcoming release of Drive Cloner Rx 6.0, which is our own imaging solution that will take backups of our software, including the subsystem and snapshots.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X