BSD with Rollback Rx

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSD with Rollback Rx

So I decided to give this software a try after finding out that you guys have a free version now. I installed it on three computers. Right after installing some windows updates computers #1 crashed with BSD; won't boot. I had a Windows Disc Image backup but that was a week old. I had Rollback snapshots that were a few hours old. So I decided to rollback to the second last snapshot. Seemed like it successfully rolled back but no luck. Computer still didn't boot. Not even in safe mode. So I took the plunge and did a Windows disc image restore and lost a week's worth of work. Luckily it had been less than week since I had installed Rollback Rx Home so that didn't appear again after the restore.

Today the second computer crashed with a BSD right after I applied windows updates. I did not document the error but it was some stop error ...000024. Anyways, now I'm trying to rollback and same thing is happening; BSD with error c000021a. Unfortunately, with this computer I don't have a disc image backup. What the hell do I do now?

Hello raheel,

Sorry to hear of your troubles there.

I'm not sure what's going on with those updates you ran. Could you let me know what OS you're running?

In this case I would recommend doing an MBR reset. This will reset the BIOS and return the PC to the point in time that RollBack Rx Home was first installed. You can do so by following our guide here: http://support.horizondatasys.com/Tr...er/Step/View/5

In the future if you're running any Windows updates I recommend looking over this thread here: http://community.horizondatasys.com/...ortant-updates

Thank you.

Sam

Comment

Windows 7 64 bit is the OS in both cases. Thanks for the links. I'll try them in a bit. Currently, my second computer is going through a boot time uninstall of Rollback reverting back to a snapshot created almost two days ago but not to the baseline snapshot. It's going slow. I'll let you know if it was successful.

Comment

Please do. Thanks for the notes. We'll be conducting some tests on that OS now.

Comment

Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

The video is self-explanatory but the image file is the result of selecting 'Repair your computer'

Comment

Sam. Were you about to view the material I sent via Dropbox?

Comment

raheel,

I just looked over it.

In this case you'll still want to do that MBR reset to get things back on track with the PC. Give that a go and let me know how it runs.

Comment

I was trying just that after my post. However, going into step 3 the computer scanned the disk and stopped several times to let me know that a certain folder was corrupt and unreadable. It finally stopped and when I hit next instead of going to the tools page, some kind of automatic repair process started and it says it might take over an hour to complete.

Comment

All my efforts to bring back that computer are useless. I'm going to have to reinstall Windows. I am sorry to say that Rollback Rx Home does have issues that are catastrophic - at least in my findings.

Comment

raheel,

Sorry to hear of your troubles there.

Strange that the MBR reset didn't work. if there was some corrupt/unreadable data, just resetting the MBR (the first sector on the disk) shouldn't have really been an issue, as it is its own thing.

Thank you for your time trying out the software. Feel free to come back and let me know if you want to go ahead and try it again on some other setups.

Cheers!

Sam

Comment

Working...
                      X