Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Setup made booting impossible

Hello,

I wanted to test Reboot Restore Rx and tried to install the software on Windows 10. Unfortunately I did not know that the software is not supported on MACs. I have a iMac12,1 running bootcamp. However the setup failed quite quickly and said something like "software cannot be installed, boot information not readable"

Error now is when booting my bootcamp windows 10:
    "Warning this system has Legacy boot mode with gpt partition! Would you like to reset mbr? (y/n)"

Problem is, Keyboard strokes of y or n do not register.

I understand that MAC is not supported, but its very unfortunate that the setup seems to corrupt the bootloader while failing...

Questions:
    What did the setup do exactly?
    How to fix and boot the Windows 10 system again?

Regards and Thanks
    Manuel

The program needs to install itself into the bootloader but it needs to scan your HD for format type and sector counts. Since you're also running a mix match configuration (Running Legacy BIOS with GPT partition or vice versa) It needs to remove itself and to do that you need to reset its MBR.

The program wont work in a boot camp environment as well, so i think you'll need to find a way to get either a keyboard working or atleast maybe there's a way to run a virtual keyboard/stroke commands.

Regards

Comment

Ram Sarma Hi, thanks for your input.

Originally posted by Ram Sarma View Post
      . Since you're also running a mix match configuration (Running Legacy BIOS with GPT partition or vice versa) It needs to remove itself and to do that you need to reset its MBR.
      How to achieve this?

Provided I can get a keyboard working, what are the next steps?

Regards

Comment

Hey Sped,

There's a couple of things, but i would recommend you make a support ticket so we can troubleshoot this for you. If you go to support.horizondatasys.com and make a ticket we can help you further there.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X