Failed to create main Window error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to create main Window error

Hello, We've been using Reboot Restore Rx in our University library for a year and we are satisfied with it. The only problem so far was in November 2017 when some icons from the Tray (Wifi icon among them) dissapeared for all Windows users and we had an error message saying that the program Failed to create main Window. After doing some research we managed to solve it restarting the Shldsrv service. After that, it has been working just fine until this week when the problem has appeared again. We would like to know if there is any long term solution to prevent the problem to happen again in the future.

Our OS is Windows 10.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ma Serra,

You can check event logs to identify what exactly is causing the failed to create window error message. Its usually attributed to a mising visual C++ file that you'll need to dowload from microsoft.

Comment

Hello, thanks for your help but unfortunately I haven't been able to find anything on the Windows event viewer that indicates me the source of the error. There are no references to Shdsrv or Shdtray. Could you please tell me what kind of error should I expect, or if there is any particular visual C++ file that I should be looking for?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X