Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not usable on a domain

Hello

I've been testing RR freeware on a school and, because we're on a domain it's not possible to use the software.
    With RR active the PC's always boot the the admin login screen and a change of user is needed to login to a non admin user. This is a deal braking issue since most our users are not proficient enough to change user on a domain, and they are used to simply put a password as the pc boots to a non admin login screen.
    So until there's a way to activate/deactivate the software in a non admin user (with password protection or a command line), I'm not able to use it.
    It's a pity since it works great as far as I tested.
    Before anyone brings it, there's no budget to buy 165 licences of the pro version.
    Best regards
    Zedopipo

Hello zedopipo,

Thank you for your response. The freeware version of Reboot Restore Rx is unfortunately not as secure as the professional edition due to not being able to password protect the software. This feature is only exclusive to the Professional edition. Which type of non-users are you referring to exactly? You can configure permissions to specific non-users what they are allowed/disallowed to control on the software.

If you'd like me to show you a demo of how the software works, feel free to let me know!

Comment

Hello
      I was refering to all users without admin permissions. The problem for me is that I need that the pc bot to a domain login screen with a non admin user but I need to activate the software on a admin user, so in the next reboot no matterwhat I allways get the admin login screen.
      If you can show methe demo of the permissions configuration maybe I find there a solution to my problem.
      Best regards
      Zedopipo

Comment

Hello zedopipo,

Thank you for your response. If you would like me to show you a demo of our Reboot Restore Rx software, feel free to send me an email:shainal.reman@horizondatasys.com and I can show you the differences between our freeware and the professional edition and how the professional edition would benefit you in terms of your scenario here.

Comment

Working...
        X