Important Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sam,

But there were also more than a dozen "important" updates in mid-May that you didn't comment on. I've given up asking about them every month, in part because it appears that if/when we install Windows 10, we home users won't have the option of installing Windows updates only when we want to.

Comment

Got it. Thanks.

Comment

How 'bout updates for MAY and JUNE?

Comment

Any important/big updates that have come out to date have been given the all clear.

Enjoy!

Comment

Hey folks,

The important updates released this month have been given the all clear utilizing our most recent builds.

Enjoy all!

Comment

Thank you, Sam, for posting this last message without being asked.

Comment

Can you please advise if Windows updates on 11 August and 18 August are okay to install.

Comment

The updates released in August have been cleared. September's will be covered after they are available. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Smith View Post
                    The updates released in August have been cleared. September's will be covered after they are available. Cheers!
                    So you are approving the August 11 updates on Sept 10. I can't imagine anyone putting up with this not to mention not being able to install Windows 10. You guys will always be behind.
                    Last edited by Masterblaster; 10-08-2015, 06:31 AM.

Comment

dear sir, Windows 10 Pro recently made a major update version “1511 and this may go on and go on in the future. Please make a new version of rollback which can cope for any future update of windows 10 pro. for the case of version " 1511", i had to uninstall rollback inorder to update version “1511" and re-install rollback again. please the new coming rollback in such a way that we need not to uninstall rollback before update any new version of windows 10 pro.
                      thanks.

Comment

NOTE TO ALL RollBack Rx Windows 10 USERS

Microsoft’s latest update for its Windows 10 OS labelled "1511" is failing to complete its installation while RollBack Rx is on the machine.

Attempts to install this update will result in a failed installation, as the update attempts to make changes to core RollBack Rx features. As such, users who try and install this update with RollBack Rx already installed on the machine will find they cannot load into Windows.

In this case, please follow these instructions: http://bit.ly/1N7c6mh

Comment

This is the last straw. If Microsoft keeps Windows 10 as a never-ending fluctuating blob of code that breaks programs, I will never install it. If you cannot refuse updates, I will never install it. I own the configuration of my computer, not Microsoft. Windows 10 is on its way to becoming the next Vista. I'm happy with Windows 7. Stable and secure out to 2020.

I feel sorry for HDS and other providers who never know what curveball Microsoft is going to throw. Arrogant behemoth of a company. No more.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerGoBackUser View Post
                            This is the last straw. If Microsoft keeps Windows 10 as a never-ending fluctuating blob of code that breaks programs, I will never install it. If you cannot refuse updates, I will never install it. I own the configuration of my computer, not Microsoft. Windows 10 is on its way to becoming the next Vista. I'm happy with Windows 7. Stable and secure out to 2020.

I feel sorry for HDS and other providers who never know what curveball Microsoft is going to throw. Arrogant behemoth of a company. No more.
                            What you are failing to see is that it is not Microsoft that must make their OS work with Rollback but it is Horizon DataSys who must make their software work with Microsoft's OS, luckily I uninstalled Rollback and ONLY rollback before I installed the November Update, I had a feeling it would screw with the install.

You see, it is NOT Microsoft's code that is "breaking" software it is Horizon DataSys' code that has something wrong with it, all my other software when through the update just fine ...... all except Rollback, see what I'm getting at? They need to find the flaw in THEIR code. So instead of crying that you'll never use it, blah, blah, blah, what you should be doing is pointing the finger at Rollback (Horizon DataSys) to make their software work correctly with Windows, since it is technically the property of Microsoft that they install their software on. And if Microsoft must make changes to their code from time to time to make the OS run smoother, better or make it more secure then so be it, they don't have to comply with every single piece of software ever written, it's the software code writer that must comply with the OS code writers code.

What you SHOULD be saying is that "I will not use Rollback until it works and functions correctly with Windows" and when they see that, they will see it is going to affect their bottom line, then they will whip their lazy code writers into shape and MAKE the software work correctly.

Besides, what are you gonna do after 2020 and Windows 7 is no longer supported? I guess you'll need to jump ship to Linux or go buy yourself an overpriced Mac I assume?
                            Last edited by edee; 12-01-2015, 10:13 AM.

Comment

1. Initially you were posting regularly when you had cleared the "important updates". Now it seems you are not posting regularly. How are we to know if it is okay to install an important update now?

2. Can you advise up to what point you have cleared important updates for Windows 7, 64 bit. & Rollback 10.3.

Comment

HDS approved the Windows 10 August 11 update on Sept 10.
                                Then on September 18, sos39m informed that Windows 10 1511 should not be installed. AFTER that, Sam Smith posted a warning not to use this update on top of RRX.
                                Communication from HDS has always been the worst in the industry. Users with serious problems are left hanging and posts left unanswered.
                                You will NEVER be able to trust HDS will thoroughly test Windows updates or offer their status on timely basis. They have no history of this.

Comment

Working...
                                X