New to Reboot Restore Rx Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Reboot Restore Rx Pro

The company that I work for currently uses Deep Freeze but before we buy the Windows 10 compatible version, I have been asked to find any alternatives for consideration. That's when I came across this product. I have the trial version and I have it working on a test system, but I have some questions that I have not been able to find any answers for.

1. With Deep Freeze, the Date and Time slowly gets affected, and requires changing every quarter or so. My question is, how does Reboot Restore Rx Pro affect the date and time? Will they need correcting every so often?

2. I have been trying to get the "Other Updates" to work, but it does not. I am using a batch file to install MSI files. I have placed the batch file in both C:\Program Files\Shield and the root of the exclusion drive. I have also tried putting the full path to the .bat file in the Baseline Settings dialog. Is there some special path this needs to be put for it to get run?

3. Don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but in trying to get the "Other updates" working, I had the Windows update option unchecked and it still installed them during the schedule. I would think that they should not run as it wasn't checked. Was this proper operation?

4. Is there a way to change the "Back to Start" baseline?

This is my first time posting to forum EVER, so I hope I've chosen the correct place to ask such questions.

Any help, insight, or direction to find further information is very much appreciated.

1. With Deep Freeze, the Date and Time slowly gets affected, and requires changing every quarter or so. My question is, how does Reboot Restore Rx Pro affect the date and time? Will they need correcting every so often?

No. From what I can tell the time is excluded via a registry exclusion. Haven't had any issues regardless.

2. I have been trying to get the "Other Updates" to work, but it does not. I am using a batch file to install MSI files. I have placed the batch file in both C:\Program Files\Shield and the root of the exclusion drive. I have also tried putting the full path to the .bat file in the Baseline Settings dialog. Is there some special path this needs to be put for it to get run?

Are you including the extension of the file?

3. Don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but in trying to get the "Other updates" working, I had the Windows update option unchecked and it still installed them during the schedule. I would think that they should not run as it wasn't checked. Was this proper operation?

When you unchecked did you apply the changes? I once did it where I had it checked originally then unchecked but forgot to apply the changes. That's my first thought.

4. Is there a way to change the "Back to Start" baseline?

It's set up during installation so you'd need to uninstall/reinstall

Comment

Working...
    X