Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi guys,

I'm head tech at a eSports center in Newcastle, Australia. We have reboot restore rx pro installed on 26 PC's. It's absolutely fine with regular updates with the exception of the creators update (1703). I have deferred it for as long as I can but the day has come where it insists it be installed. I run the update, it reboots, I bring up RRRXP admin by pressing home, select disable restore, allow it to continue and the installation still fails. If I uninstall RRRXP the update installs fine, however, I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall it on every machine. Is there some kind of magic trick I need in order to install this update without running into trouble?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately with any sort of major Windows upgrade we recommend to uninstall Reboot Restore Rx first before performing the upgrade as there can be compatibility issues that could prevent Windows from completing the installation. You can also use our Remote Management Console to uninstall Reboot Restore Rx on all your PC's to help you speed up the process.

Comment

Originally posted by ShainalR View Post
      Hello Alex,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately with any sort of major Windows upgrade we recommend to uninstall Reboot Restore Rx first before performing the upgrade as there can be compatibility issues that could prevent Windows from completing the installation. You can also use our Remote Management Console to uninstall Reboot Restore Rx on all your PC's to help you speed up the process.

Thanks for the quick response, ShainalR. I wonder if this might be something you guys will change with a future update? Uninstalling and reinstalling on a lot of machines is quite time consuming, I would have thought that choosing to disable reboot restore rx pro in the boot up process should be working the same way as an uninstall technically?

Comment

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your response. It would be best practice to uninstall and reinstall the software due to problems with it if you're doing a major Windows upgrade, and not recommended to keep it installed.. I will however forward your feedback to our development team to find a way to resolve something like this in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X