BSODs on install. AGAIN...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSODs on install. AGAIN...

So when deploying 10.4 we had a bunch of issues of blue screens on clean installs of Windows 7 with Dells and HP desktops (mix of different models). Just deployed the latest version of 10.5 yesterday and ran into the same thing. After install, subsequent reboot blue screens after the windows splash screen. BSOD - Bad_System_Config_Info. Tried disable of restore, LKG config, uninstall of Drive Vaccine, all still blue screen. Can't boot safe mode, startup repair, or system restore. I have wasted SO much time with this product, and just keep getting reassured by support that the latest versions will fix these problems (which they don't). Anything else I can try, short of a new software solution?

Hey dabrady,

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you're facing with Drive Vaccine. It is an unusual occurrence for Windows 7 PCs to not be handling an installation of Drive Vaccine and instead resulting in this situation. I would be frustrated as well.

I think at this point we should schedule in a remote session with one of our senior techs to take a look at the system configurations you're pushing it out to. I can't say for certain one way or another why this is happening, so this is the best course of action to get to the bottom of things. If you're into that idea, please let me know.

Cheers!

Comment

How do you go remote on a computer that will not boot?

Comment

• Sam Smith
        Sam Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        We would be remoting into a similar hardware config PC, as well as one of the troubled PCs once we get it back up and running to collect log files/inspect.

Good question!

Have you done that?

Comment

• Sam Smith
        Sam Smith commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for checking in! We've followed up after this posting, but haven't heard back from dabrady yet. Hopefully they get back to us soon and we can figure it out.
    Working...
    X