X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Smith View Post
    akash11501,

Interesting. Can you take a full backup of the system?

Also, you are trying to take a backup and place it onto a separate drive, correct?

Cheers,

Sam
    Hi Sam,
    yes, I'm able to take full backup without rollback rx snapshots. and yes, I'm trying to put those backups on external drives.

Comment

quick question- Can a full backup of a windows system (windows 7) with drive cloner, be imported into VMware? Does the backup create an .iso? or can an .iso be created from the backup to load into a VMware virtual drive? ? I don't know too much about these things-

My thought is this- I 'might' want to wipe my hard-drive clean- start over with Linux as main operating system, and use windows 7 in a virtual drive, BUT what I would really like to do is, if possible, copy my existing windows 7 setup as it is right now- a 1-1 copy, (with rollback snapshots if possible) and move it to the virtual machine (the reason is I don't particularly want ot update windows to windows 10 for various reasons- so my only real alternative is to use Linux as main drive- and windows in virtual drive for use with all my windows software like photoshop, etc)- I'm not sure if rollback will even work in a virtual drive? If so, I'd like to keep using it in virtual drive to protect the VM installation of windows 7- but it seems like it wouldn't be possible?

Comment

Working...
      X