X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Cloner Rx 6.0 Official Release

Good afternoon everyone!

As our subscribers or Facebook/Twitter followers may have already seen, Drive Cloner Rx 6.0 is now officially released!

The core updated feature for DC6 is the added ability to create backup images that fully capture RollBack Rx with the snapshots and subsystem included. This allows users the option to easily create a backup of their system onto an external device with RollBack Rx installed.

This software is compatible with RollBack Rx dating back to version 10.1 and from Windows Vista up to 8.1.

Horizon DataSys would like to thank our core beta testers who we will list by their username:
    -The RollBack Frog (Froggie)
    -george
    -kurt
    -mangrove
    -PL-mc
    -pvsurfer
    -samsco
    -steveg
    -toni

You guys and gals are awesome.

If you already purchased Drive Cloner Rx in the past, the Product ID you have for that version will work for DC6.

For those who would like to download DC6, you can follow this link to the product page: http://bit.ly/1Fo8TWK

If there are any questions regarding the software, feel free to post them in this forum.

Have a great day.

Cheers!

Sam

Hello Sam, Does this mean that we can now backup a drive to DC6 with Rollback Rx (10.2) installed and restore the backup, snapshots and all, without having to remove and reinstall Rollback Rx? (I ask this in part because I don't see any release notes for DC6 on the Horizon DataSys home page.)

Comment

Originally posted by dbolotin View Post
      Hello Sam, Does this mean that we can now backup a drive to DC6 with Rollback Rx (10.2) installed and restore the backup, snapshots and all, without having to remove and reinstall Rollback Rx? (I ask this in part because I don't see any release notes for DC6 on the Horizon DataSys home page.)

You can't do that on Windows 8.0/1 or Windows 10. While HDS says these programs work together, That would not be on Windows 8.0/8.1 or Windows 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Smith
        This software is compatible with RollBack Rx dating back to version 10.1 and from Windows Vista up to 8.1.

Sam
        Does this mean that DC6 is not now nor will be in the future compatible with Windows XP?

Comment

Dear Sam,

Have you been on holiday these past few days?

Norman

Comment

Norman, Sam is currently on his honeymoon and should return circa 28September...

My guess after being part of the BETA test is that your are correct... no XP support for snapshot imaging. I s'pect it will work as a straight imager (no successful RBrx integration) with XP, though.

I know you probably LUV Windows XP (I always did) but there has been (5) Windows OS releases since Windows XP... software developers must pick their markets to eliminate excessive support requirements. And... even users eventually have to move on (I finally left "Windows for Workgroups 3.1" eventually )
            Last edited by Froggie; 09-19-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterblaster View Post
              You can't do that on Windows 8.0/1 or Windows 10. While HDS says these programs work together, That would not be on Windows 8.0/8.1 or Windows 10.
              MB, I'm not sure about the released version but DCv6 "worked" under Windows 8.1 during most of the BETA testing period...
              Last edited by Froggie; 09-19-2015, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Dear Froggie,

That, of course, is a big disappointment, one of many as far as HDS is concerned.

I happen to have a copy of DC6 downloaded just after its abortive release and prior to its being yanked following the public outcry. I tested it on RollBack 10.x and seem to remember that it did preserve the snapshots, as advertised. Since I use XP and have only old-fashioned HDDs, it suited my purpose fine. But I ran into trouble with its lack of compatibility with Macrium Reflect, and eventually reverted to RB 9.1, whose snapshots it does not preserve, of course, but which does tolerate Macrium Reflect. And I waited for the new RB11 (now 10.4) and the new DC6.

Now there is nothing for me to wait for, and I may try again with RB10.3 and my copy of DC6, though perhaps without Macrium (5 or 6, I have licenses for them both). I very much like Macrium, however, and am reluctant to give it up. Do you have any advice in that regard? Alternatively, can you suggest a replacement (live image backup, multipartition drive, cold restore, scheduling, decent log file, and compatible with RB)? I tried all I could find (Acronis, ShadowProtect, IfW, DriveClone, Paragon, and lots of others), but none were as good or as reliable as Macrium. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hearty congratulations and best wishes to Sam.

Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Froggie View Post
                  MB, I'm not sure about the released version but DCv6 "worked" under Windows 8.1 during most of the BETA testing period...
                  But did DC6 work with RRX on Windows 8.1?

Comment

Also, did it work with RRX on Windows 7? I wouldn't want even to experiment with DC6 -- which still doesn't have any Release Notes on the Horizon Datasys website -- without more confidence that it won't fail.

Comment

Originally posted by dbolotin View Post
                      Also, did it work with RRX on Windows 7? I wouldn't want even to experiment with DC6 -- which still doesn't have any Release Notes on the Horizon Datasys website -- without more confidence that it won't fail.
                      Well the truth is you are experimenting with all HorizonDataSys programs. The community has always been used as beta testers.

Comment

Hey all,

Thanks for the well wishes norman! I trust you are doing well as well .

To answer questions of compatibility - yes, DC6 and RollBack Rx are compatible and working together on Windows 7, 8, and 8.1. These two have also worked together in the same fashion (using DC6 to capture RollBack Rx, snapshots, and system) on our Windows XP systems.

Now that I am back from my honeymoon, let me know if you have any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Cheers!

Comment

Can someone tell me approximately how much more space is required on the backup drive for a DC6 copy (with 8 or 10 snapshots, say), as opposed to a copy from DC5.1? Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
                            I've installed dc6 and rollback rx 10.4. but when I'm trying to create partition backup with rollback rx snapshots, drive cloaner is giving the error:
                            Error
                            GetProtectedDiskPartInfo is false
                            I'm on windows 8.1 and tried with rollback rx 10.3 also, same error

Comment

akash11501,

Interesting. Can you take a full backup of the system?

Also, you are trying to take a backup and place it onto a separate drive, correct?

Cheers,

Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X